Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally something over the fireplace.

I actually painted this back around March/April-ish but it is really growing on me. I probably had the canvas sitting around the house for months. I just couldn't decide what to do with it. I don't remember exactly where the idea for it came from but I knew I wanted to do something about broken glass...keeping the pieces together...how things can be broken but still beautiful and interesting. I don't know that's kind of where my head was, but colors and actual design I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do.

I've also had this picture frame laying around my crafting crap since I can't even remember. I just remember having it in the house. Maybe it came with the house? Maybe it was my husbands? Who knows. I just had it and didn't know what to do with it, so it just sat there for a long time.

So when I finally decided to do something with these, I just sat and it must have taken about an hour. Spray paint, acrylic, epoxy...Broken glass pane...black and white....bam there we go. Sometimes I hate it. Sometimes I love it. Most of the time, I'm just glad I finally made something to hang above the fireplace instead of having another blank wall staring at me. I hate blank walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment